Small Claims Beis Din
Federation Small Claims Beis Din (Beis Horo'oh)
The Federation provides a Beis Horo’oh for small claims.
Claims brought before the Beis Horo’oh must meet the following criteria:
- Claims must not exceed £5000
- Both parties must consent to come together to the Beis Horo’oh – no hazmonos will be sent
- Each side is required to pay a nominal fee of £50 (for claims above £2500, the fee will be £100)
- The case will be heard by a single Dayan – in most cases this will be Dayan Y D Hool of the Federation Beis Din
- Parties may not bring a To’en Rabbonim or a professional representative but are required to represent themselves
- Before attending a shtar borerus (arbitration agreement) must be signed – click here to download the form
- A brief written psak (giving the ruling but no detailed reasoning) will be presented to the parties within 72 hours
- An appointment to attend the Small Claims Beis Din must be made in advance – limited evening hours are available in addition to normal working hours. Appointments are scheduled in one-hour slots
Click here to download and print a copy of the arbitration agreement.
For any other information please telephone 020 8202 2263 and select Option 3, or email firstname.lastname@example.org.