A Glossary of Shemitta terminology
- Biur – The mitzvah of removing certain produce from one’s house.
- Heter Mechira – The sale of land to a non-Jew to avoid the halachic issues of Shemitta.
- Kedushas Shevi’is – Sanctity of Shemitta produce.
- Oitzar Beis Din– Beis Din storage which provides Shemitta produce to the public in an efficient and halachically authorised manner.
- Pruzbul – A document written to avoid the annulment of debts.
- Sefichin –Vegetables grown wild by themselves or through forbidden planting.
- Shemittas Kesofim– The automatic annulment of debts due to the Shemitta year.
- Yevul Chutz La’Aretz – Produce grown outside Eretz Yisroel.
- Yevul Nochri– Produce grown on non-Jewish owned land.
- Yevul Shishis – Produce grown during the sixth year of the Shemitta cycle.