To Arrange a Stone Setting
Please contact 020 8202 3903 to arrange a stone setting.
The standard opening hours of the Burial Society are:
Monday to Thursday – 9am till 5.30pm
Fridays / Erev Yom Tov – 9am till 3pm (summer) / 1pm (winter)
Sundays – 9.30am – 12pm
- A stone setting is normally arranged between nine and 12 months after the loss of a loved one.
- Most stone settings are held on Sundays, to enable family and friends of the deceased to attend. However, they can be scheduled to take place during the week as well.
- As Sunday is the most popular choice, please contact the Burial Society well in advance to book and confirm a date.
- Stone Settings can either be held between 9.45am and 11.15am, or between 2pm and 4.15pm (depending on the season and dates in the Hebrew calendar).
- If the stone setting is being officiated by an approved Federation Minister, please ensure you confirm his availability for your preferred date in advance of contacting the Burial Society.
- If you are using a Federation Minister, please note that there is a booking fee for this service.
Click here for a list of approved monumental stone mason details.